It’s no secret that I love working out! Exercise is the best anti-depressant and stress reliever. It is one of the only things in life that you can have full control of the results, if you do the work. One day, I’ll become a certified trainer and write meal plans for people. Nothing makes me feel more empowered than lifting heavy weights and getting my heart rate up.
I wanted to put together some things that have helped me to stay disciplined. Remember discipline trumps motivation. If you only workout when you feel like it, you’ll sell yourself short. When I’m feeling lazy, I’ll listen to motivators like Erik Thomas or Jocko Willink. Jocko has an album called Discipline Equals Freedom. No one can be lazy after listening to it! So make today your day! C’mon, you deserve better! Let’s do this!
25 Fitness Tips
- Workout in the morning. Your day can get hijacked and by the end of the day, you’ll be too tired. There is one time of day no one can steal from you: Predawn. Get up and go!
- Set your workout clothes out the night before.
- Fill your water jug the night before.
- When your alarm goes off: GET UP! It’s only the first 10 seconds that are hard.
- Drink a gallon of water a day.
- Take preworkout! If you’re tired in the morning, preworkout will make it so you have no excuses
- Take BCAA’s during your workout. This will replenish your muscles.
- Start slow. Just make sure you start.
- Lift weights! Don’t just do cardio. Muscle helps burn fat!
- Set a small goal such as just finish your workout. Just one mile. Just one more set. Win one small victory at a time.
- Tell yourself “I’m going to leave it all on the weight room floor.” Telling yourself you’re going to give your all will help you actually give your all.
- Charge your headphones the night before. Keep an extra pair in your car. Don’t leave room for excuses.
- If you hate cardio, do it first. If you hate weight lifting, do it first. Get it out of the way so you don’t skip it.
- Work all your muscles. If something sucks, do it more. That’s your weak point. There is no space for weakness.
- If you keep quitting, get an accountability partner or hire a coach.
- Back & arms | Shoulders & Chest | Legs & Glutes = 3 full workout days a week.
- Pay attention to your form. If you’re not sure, ask someone.
- Make gym friends!
- Take progress pictures. The scale is a liar. Pictures keep you motivated.
- Deadlifts + Hipthrusts = A nice booty
- Abs are made in the kitchen! Make good food choices. If you’re not sure what to eat, ask a trainer or nutritionist.
- Supplements cannot replace good nutrition.
- There are no shortcuts. Only hard work.
- Get to know the body & muscles so you know what you’re working on!
There you have it! There’s no excuses if you don’t make any. And if you do, you’re only quitting on yourself. Get up and DOMINATE!